Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sticking Your Neck Out

I think that it's fair to say being a closeted witch has its perks. Granted, the majority of my friends know, or at least, assume i practice the craft, but as far as my family and the government are concerned, they're none the wiser. To be fair i'm waiting for the day my mother asks, because i know it'll be her who pieces the puzzle together. It's not like I hide it, my altar is is plane site every time you walk into my bedroom and its been that way since i was small. planning beds for rosemary, lemon balm, and foxglove, and calendula went without incident, although i do admit some pride in then spouting what they're used for. Discussing the pagan origin of holidays as well goes unnoticed. Ive always had an open policy. if it comes up, or they ask, I'' be more than glad to explain, but this ridiculousnesses is getting too far.    

I enjoy the liberties of being closeted at home, but I'm also immensely proud of my beliefs and I'm tired of feeling like a criminal in my own house... thats right my house, and I'm not talking metaphorically. It was left in trust to my sister and I, and since she has a house of her own, it fell to me. There's just something irritating and frustrating about hiding your path in life for fear that it's some deep dark secret, when it isn't and you know it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment